Monday, October 27, 2008

Excuses, excuses

I've been remiss in my blogging duties. (Obvious, I know.)

So here are my excuses....and yes, you can commence the ridicule session in the comments section below for my slackness...but first, let me get the excuses out of the way.

Since about August or September, I've been of a one-track mind...well, I suppose it's been a two-track mind, actually...but that's been about it. I've been concentrating all my thoughts on either the shitpile that is the economy (pardon my french) & its effects on my livelihood, and this gosh-darn election. (And maybe my beloved football team...although not nearly as much as my career and this election.)

Whenever I could convince my brain to do something besides obsess over the aforementioned items, the last thing I wanted to do was blog. I knew if I did that the subject would revert back to those two subjects.

I have plenty to say about the election. (Obvious from past posts, I know.) However, I spend most of my days reading blogs (here, here, here, here, and here, among others), reposting quick hit items on my Facebook page, listening to NPR and Michael Baisden, debating the theology & politics of it all with high school friends and with the husband, mother-in-law, boss, etc; and quite frankly it's draining my brain. I'm so freaking invested in this, that I don't know what else to write about. However, I feel that I read so much about it, that I don't WANT to write anything about my own thoughts on the subject. I need a break.

So here's the dilemma....if I sit down to blog, I end up spending more time on the subject. And if I need a break, I don't sit down to blog. (Instead I'll watch TV. Or paint a truck. Or watch more TV.)

The other subject I dwell on is the strain this economy situation is putting on me emotionally and financially. Obviously, I can't (won't) blog about my business because that wouldn't be prudent, so that eliminates another big thing I could talk about. I'll leave it at this: it's not much fun to be someone whose job it is to market products in this climate. Nor is it much fun to be a financial exec for a small business in this climate. I'm both. Hooray.

I know that in 8 days, one of my major mind-traps will be eliminated. I'm hopeful that the joy I'll feel on Nov. 4th (or 5th, if it takes long) will free my mind to blog about better things. "The good part's next," right?

Because, honestly? I'm not a pessimistic person. I'm one of the more hopeful people I know. (See the blog name, for pete's sake..) I'm just feeling off my game right now. Not so much about the election (for that I'm still hopeful)....I'm just not feeling 100% about everything else.

I can't even buck up and write a post on my favorite beers, or nostalgic accounts of great concerts, or some other random posting. I will, though. Promise. Just keep tagging me, and re-posting my stuff on other sites (thanks, Carrie!), because that keeps me going. The good part's next. I suppose I need to keep reminding myself of that.

Love you guys.

No comments: