Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh yeah...."I've Been Tagged"

I've been tagged by my fellow blogger, comoprozac, with a "chain blog request." I promised I'd accept the tag & post ten random things as requested:

The rules are: Once you have been tagged, you write a blog with 10 random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end you chose 10 people to be tagged, list their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave them a comment saying "you have been tagged" and tell them to read your latest blog. It sucks I know but what else ya got to do to people??? Isn't this gonna be fun? Now SHUT UP AND DO IT

Here goes:

1. I'm only doing this because there's nothing good on TV on Monday nights.

2. Not only have I slacked on my blogging duties, but I also failed to buy both my dad and my mom presents for their respective birthdays this month (Oct 5th & 20th) . I told them the presents would come late. Well, guess what? They'll come real late because they don't exist yet. Heh heh. Oops.

3. My right foot and my right hand get abnormally cold -- FRIGID -- during cold months & while using the computer due to freaky nerve problems. I know....I'm weird, but seriously....they're ice cubes right now. It's call Reynaud's, and it's a real thing. And it's really funny to "surprise" my husband with the cold foot in bed. I'm weird AND I'm evil.

4. I like liquids. Lots of them....coffee, juice, beer, wine, hot apple cider from Starbucks, more coffee, more beer, etc. I could probably do without food, if I could just drink liquids all day.

5. I'm a full-blown indie yuppie. I like all of the above liquids. I'm voting Obama. I have an iPod loaded up with tons of obsure stuff. I wear Vans slip-ons. I shop Whole Foods. I have a tattoo. I've been to music festivals. I have a blog. I own a small-ish/renovated house in a gentrifying, young, urban neighborhood. I've taken yoga classes and drunk FAR MORE than my fair share of PBR, Miller Hi Life, and small craft beers. And I drive a Saab hatchback....with an Obama bumper sticker and a Paste magazine sampler CD from 2007 in the stereo. Color me a stereotype.

6. I hope to get preggers next year. Surprise Mom & Dad! Hehe.....you'll have to hang on. It's not happening yet.

7. I've been tested numerous times for Multiple Sclerosis since my car accident back in 2002 (in which I suffered a spinal cord injury). They always come back negative. I know I don't have it, but negative diagnoses with continued symptoms give little comfort.

8. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm not sure it's what I'm doing now.

9. I'm a really, really, really loud football fan. I feel sorry for the people that watch Falcons' games with me.

10. I absolutely hate the telephone. The only people I like to talk to on the phone are my husband, my parents, my grandma and my brother. If you're not included in that list, you probably have not received a call from me. I did a summer of telemarketing in college, and it scarred me for life. That being said, though, I love getting phonecalls from friends and family. So selfish, I know. Or maybe just psychotic. Or both.

Well, that's it....10 random facts to "Better Know a Blogger." (Sorry Colbert...was that trademarked?)

I don't think I know 10 other personal bloggers that I can tag in this process. Como's already done his. My brother would never take me up on it. Top Guy/Gal already have a format that won't be conducive to this type of post, and John D. probably spilled Jack Daniels on his laptop & eliminated his ability to post to his blog. Maybe Carrie over at her Silver Turtle blog, though? We'll see.

3 comments:

comoprozac said...

An indie yuppie? I guess that's what I am. I always thought I was an aging hipster. I'm not sure which is worse.

Oh, and I hope your parents don't read your blog.

ks said...

Haha! I'm pretty sure they know that's in the plans. I may "redact" that line today....just trying to get their attention. :)

I'll try and dig up the article I read on indie yuppies. You are TOTALLY one, too. Embrace the label.

ks said...

Heh....I realized on my way to work that the "parents" line you were prob. referring to was the b-day presents one. I can guarantee they probably expected as much on that one, too.

Another term for indie yuppie is "yupster" according to the Urban Dictionary. My favorite definition of yupster, though, was "an aging hipster with dental insurance."