1. The free podcasts available on iTunes. I can't believe I'm so late to the game on this one, but I LOVE it. I just discovered that you can subscribe to a wide range of podcasts for free, ranging from news to sports to music to book reviews. It's GREAT! I have to diverge from my top-five list to list the four podcasts to which I'm currently subscribed. I highly recommend all four:
- NPR: The Bryant Park Project (News) - Our NPR stations in Atlanta do not air this program, so I can get my daily dose of news, music and book reviews while at work via this podcast.
- NPR: All Songs Considered (Music) - A great rundown of new music.
- KEXP: Music that Matters (Music) - Excellent college station from the University of Washington. The podcast programs range from 30 mins to an hour & a half.
- KEXP: Song of the Day (Music) - Great exposure to new artists/songs.
3. The new Fleet Foxes album. I'm behind on my new music, took a little advice from my pal at Living In Misery and checked it out. I'm hooked....it's perfect for the lazy summer I wish I was having.
4. The new H & M superstore in Atlanta. Well, this isn't a new discovery, since I've been to the H&M's in New York before. However, it's a new addition to Atlanta, and I walked out of there with a bag full of goodies for not much dough.
5. Water jogging as an excellent cardio alternative. I started doing my whole cardio routine in the pool at my YMCA, and I am loving it. I jog laps, freestyle a few laps, backstroke a few, and kickboard a few. It's a great, full-body workout & it feels more like playtime than working out on an elliptical or treadmill. Currently, I'm combining the pool workout with a circuit training routine that kicks my behind. I'll keep you posted on how well it all works. Goal = Getting Buff.