Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Morning reading

Please read this article by Al Giordano.

Here's a snippet to whet your appetite:

"Actually, I have to correct myself already: the highest calling of patriotism is not dissent. It is smart dissent, that based not on self-indulgence or the blurting of one's frustration's out in ways that seek to share the panic or the misery, but based on - even sometimes against great odds - building the objective conditions by which we will win the important battles worth fighting."

To all the fighters out there, keep up the good fight. To all the fighters in my family -- whether you "held the sign" or not -- never forget that you're still a fighter. I'm proud to know from where and whom I came.


"A nation without dregs and malcontents is orderly, peaceful and pleasant, but perhaps without the seed of things to come." - Eric Hoffer

No comments: