Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Words Paint Pictures

I made a Wordle of this blog. I recommend doing the same with yours. It's illuminating to say the least. You can go here to see a higher-res version.

(Screenshot courtesy of http://www.wordle.net.)

I find that creating a word cloud of a blog (or any written text) can help solidify its purpose, or perhaps help you realize what your focus has been in the event you want it to go in a different direction.

It's pretty apparent from my word cloud that this blog is heavy on music, US politics and nostalgia. Yep, that's pretty much spot on. Although, I probably need to blog more about football for it to be truly representative.

2 comments:

comoprozac said...

Some folks have gone so far as to plug a famous speech into Wordle. I think you would find the Wordle constructed from Obama's inauguration speech to be very interesting.

ks said...

The ones from the Pres. debates were interesting too. I hadn't looked at the inaugural address yet.