8 years ago I was in a free-for-all. I had called off an engagement to my high-school and off-again/on-again college sweetheart. I was living with my grandmother. I had been dumped by my rebound boyfriend. On top of all of that, I went out too much, slept too little, was far more outgoing, but far more disappointed in myself. Taking that into consideration, read what you will into my music choices for the winter/spring of 2001.
Here are some of the albums I kept in rotation:
- At The Drive In "Relationship of Command"
- Cursive "Domestica"
- The Faint "Blank Wave Arcade" (lots of dancing this winter)
- Les Savy Fav "The Cat & The Cobra"
- The Lapse "Heaven Ain't Happenin'"
- The Causey Way "With Loving and Open Arms" and "Causey vs. Everything" (I was asked by Scott "aka Boy Causey" to be in this band over a glass of whiskey...no lie)
- Mogwai "Come On Die Young" and "Rock Action" (there was LOTS of Mogwai this year)
- Unwound "The Leaves Turn Inside You"
What were you listening to 8 years ago?