Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Nesting Kind of a Weekend


It's the first of March, and it's snowing in Atlanta. After a 63-degree day yesterday, we're seeing some snow accumulation today. Crazy weather, huh? (EDITOR'S NOTE: As I typed this, I saw LIGHTNING, followed by thunder...with huge flakes of snow...that's what we like to call a THUNDERSNOWRM!!!)

Despite yesterday's warm temps, it was really rainy & soggy; so I spent much of the weekend indoors. I'm working on my never-ending CD to iTunes conversion, which has consumed much of my weekends the past 3 weeks. I'm up to the V's in alphabetical order, but the progress is deceptive since I have so many "Various Artists." I also went over the 30GB threshold, and I have a stack of about 40 CDs that are too scratched to properly transfer. (I'm going to try to find a friend with a CD cleaner/buffer to borrow before I give up on those CDs completely.) I hope to have the whole process complete by tonight, but I'm not making any promises.

I also am having pretty strong "nesting instincts" lately (No, I'm not pregnant, folks!). For some reason, all I really want to do is bake and "make stuff." I gave into the former desire yesterday by making some delicious red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I'm trying to convince the sister-in-law to come over and take some home. I certainly don't need 24 cupcakes laying around the house. (Seriously. I REALLY don't need it.) If she doesn't pick some up today, I'll take them into work for the boys to nosh on. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

I also have been working on some of my paper-painting/collages, and I'm pretty stoked about my "hoot-owl" print. Tyler loved it so much that I had it framed, and it looks even better! I'm sure it will go in a kids room some day, until then it just makes me smile! Tyler's sister loved it too, so I made one this weekend that features a dog that looks strikingly similar to her dog, Playdoh. (The picture above doesn't do it justice.) I think that one will look cute framed, as well.

Alright, time to get back to my hibernating and crafting. Enjoy the rest of this crazy-weather weekend, folks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: